Monday, July 13, 2015

HOW TO: KAKAO PAY

This is how I sent a coffee to my boyfriend. I hope this will help others figure out how to take advantage of this pretty cool way to send gifts to the people they care about. Technology is great. :)



 First, pull up the options tab in your chat with the person to whom you want to send a present. Select the Gift Shop icon.


Tapping on the Gift Shop icon will bring you to the main page for discounted gifts and promotions. Select the tab immediately to the left. It says "Brand" in Korean. 


 This is the Brand page. You can look for specific items easily from here.


 Scroll down and you will see a list of categories:
 Black circle: Mobile Gift Certificate
   -Gift certificates/Flower Delivery/Etc
   -Coffee
   -Bakery/Korean Rice Cake
   -Ice Cream/Doughnut
   -Burger/Chicken/Pizza
   -Eating Out/Buffet/Franchise
   -Convenience Store/Mart
You can also send gifts for cultural events, movies, theme park, exhibitions, music, festivals, etc. Almost any cultural event. I am not sure because I only use this for coffee.


 Tap the one that says Cafe and it will bring up almost every brand name coffee shop you would need.


 I chose Starbucks and there is a set menu you can choose from. I haven't figured out if you could change the sizes, so I just pick the one I like the best. You can scroll through all the options available. They should have just about everything on the menu drink-wise.


 I picked the Caramel Frappe Tall for 5,600 won. I pressed the button on the bottom right. The black with the yellow lettering. It says something roughly like, "Send Present."


 Now, you can pick a background for the gift! You could also leave a message for that person (where the red letters are).


 Scroll down and you will see a summary of your purchase.


 Keep going down and you will see options to pay: (I chose Kakao Pay)
-Kakao Pay
-Bank Wallet Kakao
-Credit Card
-Phone


 This will pop up. It asks for you to set up a "vaccine" for your phone before using Kakao Pay so that your transaction will be secure. Once you press the enter (Hwagin) button, your Google Play Store will open up and you should install V3 Mobile Plus 2.0 from AhnLab.


 Very easy to install and then you just go back to the Kakao Pay page.


 This page will pop up. It tells to agree to use LG CNS to complete your transaction. Tap to check the circle that you agree and tap the blue rectangle enter button.


 More things to agree to. This is beyond my level of Korean comprehension. You can tap all the circles (or the "agree to all" button) and the tap the blue rectangle enter button.


 Now here you enter your name as it appears on your bank account (or...phone bill?). This is usually last name first. I tried it this way at first: LAST FIRST MIDDLE. However, that didn't work. Then, I tried LASTFIRSTMIDDLE. Yup, all caps and no spaces. You may need to try your name this way before it will work.
Then, you enter the first 6 digits of your alien registration number (just your ID number). This is usually your birthday (YYMMDD). Then, you should enter the first digit of your national ID number.
Next, you enter your phone number.
Last, you tap the dark blue rectangle. It sends you a number to confirm your mobile phone. It should fill in automatically and then you are good to go.


 Now, you must set a password for your Kakao Pay. Tap the enter button. (Hwagin)


 Choose a numerical password between 6-12 characters. Afterwards, tap the blue enter button.


 Now you enter your card number, expiration date, the first two digits of your pin, and a nickname for your card (optional). Then, tap the blue rectangle at the bottom. It will complete your card registration. NOTE: I used my KB bank card. I tried using my boyfriend's credit card, but it didn't let me use it because it wasn't the number and/or name associated with his card. Use your own card to expedite the process.


 This says that your card was added successfully. Tap the enter button.


 You should see the summary of your purchase. Tap the blue rectangle at the bottom.


 Time to input the password that you created earlier.


 Ta-Da! Now your gift is ready to be sent! Tap the yellow rectangle to close the page.


Boom! Here is your gift sent to your friend!

If any part is wrong, please let me know so I can correct it! I really hope this was helpful for you! 

4 comments: